[SlimDevices: Radio] [Help] Wrong art on screen, music stops after 25s
Bipox
2018-09-02 19:01:59 UTC
I think it's when I use Spotty but I'm not sure.

I can change tracks, but either the squeezebox's sleep screen is shown,
or the previous album art, instead of the actual album art of the track
playing.

Music sound stops after 25 or so, but I can still see track progression
continuing on the server.

Also Spotty plays all tracks at 705kbps (converted to FLAC), even if I
specify 92 or 128kbps in the options.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks for reading!

Bipox's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=65169
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109407
Michael Herger
2018-09-03 05:37:14 UTC
Post by Bipox
I think it's when I use Spotty but I'm not sure.
Please try to figure this one out, because it's crucial.
Post by Bipox
I can change tracks, but either the squeezebox's sleep screen is shown,
or the previous album art, instead of the actual album art of the track
playing.
Using Spotty? Or anything?
Post by Bipox
Music sound stops after 25 or so, but I can still see track progression
continuing on the server.
What kind of player? Where is LMS running?
Post by Bipox
Also Spotty plays all tracks at 705kbps (converted to FLAC), even if I
specify 92 or 128kbps in the options.
This is just a display "issue": all data, no matter what input bitrate,
is converted to FLAC or PCM. You only get to see the bitrate of the
stream sent to the player, not the one you download.
Michael
castalla
2018-09-03 07:46:36 UTC
Not sure if this is similar -
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109359-Live-stream-artwork-WOES-again

(which is still plaguing my setup - but I'll take that up again in the
thread)

LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos, Libratone Zipp, GGMM
E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer
WX-SMA1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

castalla's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=15624
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109407
Bipox
2018-09-03 08:52:25 UTC
@mherger:

I will troubleshoot the problem some more as to be sure it's because of
Spotty.

LMS is installed on a 16.04 Ubuntu home server. I have a Squeezebox
Radio only. When playback fails on the Radio, I can still see it playing
on LMS page.
I use "Squeeze ctrl" on android as remote (and sometimes iPeng on iOS)

I figured about FLAC, forgot to edit my post.

@castalla:

I don't think it's the same issue. Artwork (and playback) work fine in
the LMS gui.

Michael Herger
2018-09-03 10:47:27 UTC
Post by Bipox
LMS is installed on a 16.04 Ubuntu home server. I have a Squeezebox
Radio only. When playback fails on the Radio, I can still see it playing
on LMS page.
The web page has a life of its own: it would only poll the server every
few seconds, therefore it might pretend to be playing still a few
seconds after it ended.
Post by Bipox
I use "Squeeze ctrl" on android as remote (and sometimes iPeng on iOS)
Would these apps show the unit as playing, too?
Michael
Bipox
2018-09-29 08:52:10 UTC
Post by Bipox
I use "Squeeze ctrl" on android as remote (and sometimes iPeng on
iOS)[/color]
Would these apps show the unit as playing, too?
--
Michael
Yes, playing continues on the apps too.

I don't think anymore Spotty is the issue. I have strange issues, like
the radio going into sleep suddenly, and with the wrong screensaver (my
previous one). I can launch for example a radio feed again but screen
stays in screensaver mode.

I think a complete reinstall would be the way to go.

What do you think? Reset the radio and complete reinstall of LMS?