[SlimDevices: Radio] piCorePlayer - squeezelite is not running
fagus
2018-11-24 16:00:29 UTC
Hello

I 'm trying for days now to find a solution for a problem I ran into
with piCorePlayer (4.0.0) and Raspberry pi (raspberry pi 3 model B V1.2)
with a hifiberry dac+ .

It ran smoothly for a few days, but then it stopped working.
Picoreplayer displays the message "Squeezelite is not running". I tried
several fresh installs of pCP on the pi, installed it on another pi,
disabled my firewall, tried older versions of pCP, bought a new microSD
... but nothing seems work.

My pi is connected with eth0 to my network. My LMS server is on the same
network; it uses wifi. But all this was the same when it still worked.

Can someone help me? I would be really grateful!

Thanks a lot!

fagus

fagus's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=68678
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109796
paul-
2018-11-24 16:32:57 UTC
If squeezelite doesn't start, that is normally because the selected
output does not exist.

On the squeezelite page, expand the more> but the Output setting field.
What is listed in the "Available output devices"?

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer
paul-'s Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=58858
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109796
fagus
2018-11-25 09:10:40 UTC
Okay thanks. But it used to run. Maybe somethings wrong with my
hifiberry ...

fagus
2018-11-25 09:19:27 UTC
attached is the image showing the output devices ...
thanx
fagus

|Filename: Screenshot_2018-11-25_10-15-09.png |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26056|

kidstypike
2018-11-25 09:35:40 UTC
Post by fagus
attached is the image showing the output devices ...
thanx
fagus
I don't know if the problem is here, but all my pi's have some flavour
of HiFiBerry HAT DAC, and is listed as an available output device. Yours
doesn't show this.

26057

|Filename: berry.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26057|

*Study/Server - LMS 7.9.2 -* Pi3B+/pCP 4.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry
DAC+/jivelite, 25K library and playlists on WDMyCloud, LMS cache on a
USB stick (formatted ntfs).
*Lounge* - Pi2/pCP 4.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
*Dining Room* - Pi3B/pCP 4.0.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
*Garage* - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 4.0.0 > Edifier R980T
*In car* - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on
a 2TB USB drive)
*Spares* - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom
kidstypike's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=10436
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109796