[SlimDevices: Radio] Using Squeezebox Radio for kid - Hide settings menu
PiPat
2017-10-01 20:28:26 UTC
Hello

I'm just configuring my Squeezebox radio for my 2 year old child. I want
to configure it in the way that nothing can go wrong. I'm using LMS 7.9
with the Simple Library Views Plugin
(https://github.com/adhawkins/SimpleLibraryViews) and have created a
limited library with 4 albums in it. That works so far. I have also
removed all menus from the Squeezebox Radio. Right now it only shows

- Now Playing
- Albums => With the 4 albums in it
- Settings

Now I want to hide the settings menu or at least lock it somehow. It
can't be hidden - I expect for various reasons, but at least to lock it
somehow would be nice. Maybe there are other options for my scenario.

Thanks

PiPat's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=67404
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=108084
slartibartfast
2017-10-01 20:50:17 UTC
Post by PiPat
Hello
I'm just configuring my Squeezebox radio for my 2 year old child. I want
to configure it in the way that nothing can go wrong. I'm using LMS 7.9
with the Simple Library Views Plugin
(https://github.com/adhawkins/SimpleLibraryViews) and have created a
limited library with 4 albums in it. That works so far. I have also
removed all menus from the Squeezebox Radio. Right now it only shows
- Now Playing
- Albums => With the 4 albums in it
- Settings
Now I want to hide the settings menu or at least lock it somehow. It
can't be hidden - I expect for various reasons, but at least to lock it
somehow would be nice. Maybe there are other options for my scenario.
ThanksThere is a plugin "Enable/disable access to server settings" under 3rd
party plugins. I have not tried it but it sounds like it should serve
your purpose.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

slartibartfast's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=35609
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=108084
PiPat
2017-10-01 21:10:01 UTC
Post by PiPat
There is a plugin "Enable/disable access to server settings" under 3rd
party plugins. I have not tried it but it sounds like it should serve
your purpose.
Thanks for the super fast reply. I tried the plugin. It only removes the
setting from the WebUI, not from the player.

coldslabs
2017-10-02 03:16:00 UTC
I was able to remove it via the *Web Interface > Settings > Players >
<PlayerName> > Menus* section.

23784

|Filename: HideSettings.png |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23784|

coldslabs's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=450
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=108084
PiPat
2017-10-02 05:40:10 UTC
Thanks. The problem is the "Settings > Player > Menu" does not show for
my Squeezebox Radio. It shows up for my other players like squeezebox
Boom.

bpa
2017-10-02 12:06:20 UTC
Post by PiPat
Thanks. The problem is the "Settings > Player > Menu" does not show for
my Squeezebox Radio. It shows up for my other players like squeezebox
Boom.
Radio and Touch menu are controlled fom the player not LMS.

I think there is a 3rd party applet to remove Settings on Radio./Touch.

Try on player Settings/Advanced/Applet installer.

Not sure about applet's functionality but possibly if you remove
Settings -the only way to get it back would be by Factory Rese of Radio.

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=108084
PiPat
2017-10-02 13:03:20 UTC
Post by bpa
Radio and Touch menu are controlled fom the player not LMS.
I think there is a 3rd party applet to remove Settings on Radio./Touch.
There is a applet called "SettingsRemover", but it is to remove other
applets settings and not to remove the setting navigation point in the
Touch ;-) Thanks anyway

bpa
2017-10-02 13:15:36 UTC
Post by PiPat
There is a applet called "SettingsRemover", but it is to remove other
applets settings and not to remove the setting navigation point in the
Touch ;-) Thanks anyway
My gut feeling was that user should not be able to remove "Settings"
from Radio / Touch as that would leave the device crippled if a change
happened. A slightly better solution would be an applet which add a
password to Settings menu but nobody has written one of those.

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=108084
PiPat
2017-10-03 09:15:57 UTC
Post by bpa
My gut feeling was that user should not be able to remove "Settings"
from Radio / Touch as that would leave the device crippled if a change
happened. A slightly better solution would be an applet which add a
password to Settings menu but nobody has written one of those.
Yes you are right, the password will make more sense. Do you know by any
chance (except google) a good starting point for the applet? So I will
look into that and code a solution (if it's not to complex ;)

bpa
2017-10-03 09:29:11 UTC
Post by PiPat
Yes you are right, the password will make more sense. Do you know by any
chance (except google) a good starting point for the applet? So I will
look into that and code a solution (if it's not to complex ;)
A password is logically the way - I'm just not sure about

I think adding a password or similar will not really be an applet which
adds functionality but rather a patch as you'll be changing existing
code.
1. You need to create a patch (i.e. a set of text changes ot the Lua
code)
2. Apply the patch using the Patch Installer applet.

For development I would install & use Squeezeplay / Jivelite on Windows/
Linux on a PC/ raspberry Pi etc. so you can look & edit the Lua source
code files and test changes easily. Then a patch file can be created
and applied to Radio

Starting point are in the wiki:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezePlay
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezePlay_Applets

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=108084
etoilebleu
2017-10-31 21:44:14 UTC
Post by coldslabs
I was able to remove it via the *Web Interface > Settings > Players >
<PlayerName> > Menus* section.
23784
Thanks. That helps me!

etoilebleu's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=67512
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=108084
karlek
2018-10-20 07:18:40 UTC
This is not possible. Settings is the only main menu entry you can’t
hide. Surely because if you have hidden it you’d have no possibility to
get to the show hidden entry item again.

karlek's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=64321
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=108084