[SlimDevices: Radio] UE Radio and wifi problems
SpeckyMcBacon
2018-10-17 09:49:00 UTC
Hi there,

I am using two Duet with two controllers, a Squeezebox Radio and a
picoreplayer without any problems all around the flat for a long time.
Yesterday, I received an UE Radio (but using with LMS) meant to be the
kid's radio and got strange wifi-issues. I read all the threads and
comments, but they don't cover my problem: the radio is just very, very
bad at wifi...
Even when a 10 cm range around the router, wifi signal is max 45%, when
2 meters away or behind a wall, wifi is gone. And the surrounding
wireless networks are completely invisible.

So, here's what I did:
- changed the wifi channel from 1 to 11 -> no result
- disabled b/n and 5 Ghz, so only router-mode is 2.4 GHz and g -> no
result
- removed the board from the housing and had the antenna within 1 cm of
the router antenna -> max. 68% wifi strength
- solder joint of the antenna look strange, so I re-soldered it -> no
result

Conclusion: the unit is broken and I have to buy another one? The seller
said, everything was working fine before, of course...
Does anyone else have this bad wifi reception?

SpeckyMcBacon's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=68530
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109609
bpa
2018-10-17 11:27:07 UTC
Post by SpeckyMcBacon
Conclusion: the unit is broken and I have to buy another one? The seller
said, everything was working fine before, of course...
Does anyone else have this bad wifi reception?
I have no problem with Radio reception. Instead of buying a new radio -
unless you planned on mainly battery use, you could use ethernet with an
ethernet-wifi adapter (e.g. travel router configured as a reverse AP,
old game cnsole wifi adaptor)

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109609