[SlimDevices: Radio] Longtime podcast supplier no longer working
John Gardenour
2018-10-13 00:44:53 UTC
Sermonaudio.com hosts many podcasts, several of which we listen to
regularly. Three weeks ago,something changed and we no longer can listen
to any of the podcasts hosted by sermonaudio
them. I contacted sermonaudio and they cannot provide any details of any
changes that might have caused this. When we select a particular podcast,
we get the usual list of files. When we select one of the files, we get
the usual album art and the little dot showing the current position in the
file that we are in works as usual. Just no audio.

I am hopeful that someone may be able to determine what happened and
provide a solution to get it going again. Here is the URL of one of the
podcasts:
http://rss.sermonaudio.com/rss_source.rss?sourceid=mohler&filter=mp3&sortby=date
All of the other podcasts that are not hosted by sermonaudio work fine.
--
John Gardenour
Hilliard, FL
bpa
2018-10-13 07:16:11 UTC
The podcasts in the feed seem to use https rather than http. This is
happening with many audio feeds as they changeover from http to https.
If you are using Radio with mySqueezebox.com (i.e. no local LMS) - I
think https URLs may not be supported.

Do you have a local LMS ? If so what version ?

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109596
Man in a van
2018-10-13 07:39:05 UTC
@John Gardenour

As per the suggestion by *bpa* using a SBRadio connected to
mysqueezebox.com there is no sound. Just shown as "connecting".

Switched the same player to a local LMS running v.7.9.2 nightly and the
link played.

Time for some pi (after the high winds:(, hope you have survived without
damage :))

ronnie

Man in a van's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=43627
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109596
garym
2018-10-13 13:37:10 UTC
Post by Man in a van
@John Gardenour
As per the suggestion by *bpa* using a SBRadio connected to
mysqueezebox.com there is no sound. Just shown as "connecting".
Switched the same player to a local LMS running v.7.9.2 nightly and the
link played.
Time for some pi (after the high winds:(, hope you have survived without
damage :))
ronnie
+1 on getting a rasberry pi (probably a 3+ with a hifiberry DAC hat,
running picoreplayer) to run LMS 24/7. Sounds complicated, but really
simple and lots of step by step instructions available.
https://www.picoreplayer.org/index.html

However, in the meantime, you can simply install LMS on any computer you
have at home, and use that as the server for playing these podcasts
through your squeezebox players. Install LMS 7.9.2 from here:

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch> Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1>Squeezelite
*Wilderness: *PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB
(LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109596