[SlimDevices: Radio] Turns on by it self...
ToddeSwe
2018-10-30 20:30:18 UTC
Hi

I listen to the radio with a timer every night when I go to sleep. But
when I get home in the evening the radio is on. How is that possible?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

ToddeSwe's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=67714
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109673
KeBul
2018-10-31 20:54:49 UTC
Obvious thing that springs to mind to check is that you haven't got an
alarm set for that player, if not that then it could be the player is
either crashing or temporarily losing power...

For each player in LMS there is a setting in the Audio section "Power On
Resume" by default this is set to Pause at Power Off/Resume at Power On

So if the Player crashes and reboots or briefly loses power then when it
recovers it will resume playing the last selected playlist (in your case
the radio station you were listening to the night before).

Easiest way to stop this is to set "Power On Resume" to Pause at Power
Off/Remain Paused at Power On.

If you want to take those one step further, install the PowerSave
Plugin, enable PoweSave for that player and set it to turn off player if
paused for 15 minutes.

To get to these settings, use LMS web GUI, click on settings, then when
the settings window is open, select the Player tab, use the first
dropdown menu to select the player and the second dropdown menu to
select Audio, Power On Resume is the top entry in the Audio settings
page.
You will get a PowerSave option on the second drop down menu after the
PowerSave Plugin is installed.

Hope this helps

Kev

KeBul's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=32883
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109673
ToddeSwe
2018-10-31 20:57:21 UTC
Thank you I’ll look into this. The thing is that I’ve not made any
changes and this behavior is new.

ToddeSwe

KeBul
2018-10-31 21:19:42 UTC
Post by ToddeSwe
Thank you I’ll look into this. The thing is that I’ve not made any
changes and this behavior is new.
ToddeSwe
Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
So could be you've got a (new) power issue, does the Radio have a
battery? if so then I would think it is unlikely to be power, but worth
checking power leads are firmly plugged in in both the unit and the
mains supply, also is your mains supply reliable at the moment?

My SB Radios (and SB Touch) can crash regularly, but usually when
they've *not* been used for a while, so for example the one in our
spare/guest bedroom rarely gets used and I would often find it switched
on and playing, our bedroom SBR is used as our alarm clock so is used
pretty much every day - rarely if ever crashes, The one in the Kitchen
crashed in the middle of the night once and I came down to it playing -
wondered what on earth was going on!
That's when I investigated further and came up with the Pause at Power
off/Remain Paused at Power On combined with the PowerSave Plugin to
avoid music blaring out at pretty much anytime and to turn off the
player back off if it had come on.

Good Luck

ToddeSwe
2018-11-01 20:40:23 UTC
Wow thanks even here one can’t be safe. So someone is playing around
with our sb radios.

Two days without any turn on by itself now.

Great answers all, thanks.

KeBul
2018-11-01 21:08:11 UTC
Post by ToddeSwe
Wow thanks even here one can’t be safe. So someone is playing around
with our sb radios.
Only if the Web GUI port is forwarded on your router to allow access
from the internet, use a VPN if you want remote access to your
Squeezebox.
Post by ToddeSwe
Two days without any turn on by itself now.
That's good, did you make any changes to resolve or workaround or has it
just stopped happening?

ToddeSwe
2018-11-01 21:11:40 UTC
Post by KeBul
Only if the Web GUI port is forwarded on your router to allow access
from the internet, use a VPN if you want remote access to your
Squeezebox.
That's good, did you make any changes to resolve or workaround or has it
just stopped happening?
Kev
I’m not forwarding any port. [emoji2]

No I’ve not made any changes yet.