[SlimDevices: Radio] Squeezebox radio : battery
GeoffJH
2018-09-11 08:12:05 UTC
hi all.
Can you help please?...the Logitech support don't seem able to!

My radio is about 4 years old, but when I switched on the other day i
got a message " charge battery" even though it was plugged into the
mains......does this just mean the battery is dead or????

GeoffJH's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=63221
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109438
slartibartfast
2018-09-11 08:22:32 UTC
Post by GeoffJH
hi all.
Can you help please?...the Logitech support don't seem able to!
My radio is about 4 years old, but when I switched on the other day i
got a message " charge battery" even though it was plugged into the
mains......does this just mean the battery is dead or????Try removing and reinserting the plug in the back of the Radio a few
times, waiting each time to hear the beep which indicates that charging
is taking place. This is assuming the power supply is OK.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

slartibartfast's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=35609
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109438
drmatt
2018-09-14 07:28:51 UTC
Know what? I don't think this is a connector problem at all, I think
this is a power sensing circuit problem. I've noted that if I plug the
thing in while running on battery it doesn't detect, like many others
have said. You can either keep re-plugging it and sometimes it will
catch or you can actually switch the mains end off and on to trigger it.
Or, in my experience, just leave it connected and it will get it
eventually..

-Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk-

--
Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with
Debian+LMS 7.9.0
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109438
slartibartfast
2018-09-14 07:32:59 UTC
Post by drmatt
Know what? I don't think this is a connector problem at all, I think
this is a power sensing circuit problem. I've noted that if I plug the
thing in while running on battery it doesn't detect, like many others
have said. You can either keep re-plugging it and sometimes it will
catch or you can actually switch the mains end off and on to trigger it.
Or, in my experience, just leave it connected and it will get it
eventually..
-Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk-I thought the same but I have never got it to connect by switching power
on and off.

drmatt
2018-09-14 15:00:05 UTC
Post by drmatt
I thought the same but I have never got it to connect by switching power
on and off.
Sent from my SM-G900F using TapatalkI have. Just this morning mine was refusing to charge; I left it plugged
in and walked away. Came back 20 minutes later it was charging fine.

ians
2018-09-23 09:41:30 UTC
I have found that as a last resort, unplug the battery. Wait a few
seconds before plugging it back in. This seems to fix the issue (at
least for a time before you need to do it again).
:rolleyes:

ians's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=29093
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109438
ians
2018-09-23 10:51:03 UTC
Post by ians
I have found that as a last resort, unplug the battery. Wait a few
seconds before plugging it back in. This seems to fix the issue (at
least for a time before you need to do it again).
I should have added, unplug from power lead first, and after unscrewing
the battery cover, gently pull on the white ribbon type cable plug not
the wires themselves. Then after a short time, plug back in.
This always fixes the issue for me.