[SlimDevices: Radio] battery pack for SQBox radio
doobre
2018-10-11 05:19:10 UTC
Hi there.. been searching around and found a source of the above on
Ebay.
But during my travels I also saw a note on another forum saying that the
radio will not work with the battery without first updating the FW..
I don't want to update to the UE system, I prefer the original setup.
So..
Can anyone confirm that the SQBox radio works with battery power AND on
FW 7.7.3-r16676 or similar..!???
cheers CD

doobre's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=66910
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109583
slartibartfast
2018-10-11 06:12:18 UTC
Post by doobre
Hi there.. been searching around and found a source of the above on
Ebay.
But during my travels I also saw a note on another forum saying that the
radio will not work with the battery without first updating the FW..
I don't want to update to the UE system, I prefer the original setup.
So..
Can anyone confirm that the SQBox radio works with battery power AND on
FW 7.7.3-r16676 or similar..!???
cheers CDYes. That note about updating firmware was probably from the very early
days of the Radio.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

slartibartfast's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=35609
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109583
doobre
2018-10-11 07:53:49 UTC
Post by doobre
Yes. That note about updating firmware was probably from the very early
days of the Radio.
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Thanks for that,
say "Hi" to Marvin the Robot, the next time you see him..

jeanwedding
2018-11-23 17:37:29 UTC
you found on Ebay that has the battery packs?. thank
you:confused::cool::o whatever that means hope it mean smiles

jeanwedding's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=33966
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=109583
doobre
2018-11-23 23:16:18 UTC
Hi jeanwedding
There are loads of suppliers but I used the one below.

2200mAh Battery for Logitech Squeezebox Black / Red / White Wi-Fi
Intern...
SKU: Compatible with Logitech: Logitech Squeezebox X-R0001
Total: $27.90
Item ID: 152621426090
Seller: lighthouse-usa(184,684)

The battery has been fine so far.
cheers CD

[the answer is in "The Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy"]